Labor Back pains?

I'm a little over 38 weeks and I have my dr. appt yesterday. I am dialted almost to 4 (yay!!). I keep getting alot of pressure on my lower tailbone and back and I'm not sure if that is labor back pain or not. This started last night and kinda comes and goes. I just want to make sure to make it to the hospital on time if needed.

Sarahbeth7

Asked by Sarahbeth7 at 7:49 AM on Sep. 28, 2012 in General Parenting

• I started labor in my back. Sounds like it could be. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 7:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2012

• Yay, thanks! :)
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 8:09 AM on Sep. 28, 2012

• Yeah, I'd keep an eye on that & even call the Dr. to report it to them. They may want to see you to see if you are in labor. IF you are, and if you decide not to get the epidural, I'd like to suggest Icy Hot back rub to help w/ that back labor. GL! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2012

• Thanks! Yes, with my son, I had the epidural and I remember the back pressure still...thanks, that Icy Hot may really help! :)
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2012

• I had back pain labor for my first two deliveries and let me tell you they are a b**ch ! lol

Check if the pain comes back at regular intervale. That's how I knew if was the real thing. :) You can also try to take a hot shower or bath (though not too hot). It will provide relief from pain but not stop the contractions if your really in labor.

Good luck !
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 28, 2012