• In the Spotlight:

My daughter is three and has had severe constipation since three months old. We have been to a pediatric GI and he put her on more laxitives. my daughter has recently been put back on miralax and she now poops a lot small amounts though. But the last two days I have noticed it is no longer round it looks like it is flat does this signal a problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It must be a side effect from the Miralax. My son was on it for 3 years and had the same thing. When he isn't taking it, his poop returns to normal.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Have they checked her for hirshsprungs disease? It's an intestional deformity that causes constipation. What it amounts to is her intestions can't move the bowel movements thru. My now 5 yr old was born with it. It took alot of persistance with formula changes (finally ended up with simaliac alimentium) and all but she evientually outgrew it. They did tell me some kids with it do require surgery, she was one of the lucky ones. I wish you luck.
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 9:20 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Its perfectly normal, My sons been on miralax since he was 5. He has juvenile polyposis disease. I wouldnt worry to much about it.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2009