How do you play Skip Bo?

It's been 8 years since I played and I am a little fuzzy on all the details. I tried watching a video on how to play on youtube but it wasn't very clear. What I have gathered is that each play is dealt 30 cards. You have 4 "slots" to discard in and 4 slots to play in the middle. Once you play 1-12, that stack gets moved. The goal is to discard all of your cards in your stack. So, here are my questions

1. Can you discard more than one card at a time in your discard slots?
2. If you lay all of your 5 cards down, is that the end of the turn for the person or do they get to draw 5 more cards and continue playing until they discard a card.

Anything I am leaving out?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2012 in

• Only one card at a time may be discarded. We always played that you drew another 5 and kept going. I am not sure of the official rules. I love skip bo!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2012

• the way we play is if you happen to lay down all of the cards in your hand you draw 5 more cards from the center deck and keep going until you can't go anymore. Then it's the other players turn. You only discard 1 card at a time in your 4 slots, but say if your 4 slots are taken up you can only lay down on top of what is there... say you have a 4 5 6 7... but your discard is a 3... we would lay it on top of the 4. we also do something a little different where the cards are laid out too. where you can do the 1-12 around the deck. We do a 12-1 in the corners going around too. Not sure if that makes sense or not..lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2012

• goofygalno1 ^^^ explained it pretty WELL ! ! :)
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Look up the directions on google :)
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 10:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2013