tanning at a tanning salon

started tanning for trip two mexico,first two day were good then got burned and the next day got even burner.does its start to tan after you get burned .lol .its only on my belly and lower back please help only stay in there 12 min at a time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• 12 minutes it probably too long if you just started going. Whenever I start back at the tanning bed, I usually start at 8 or 10 minutes for the first week, then go to 15-20 minutes. Your skin needs to get used to it first and get a light tan, before you can start laying in longer without getting burnt.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• You should stay for less time than that since you are getting burned. You didn't ask, but it might be a good idea to check with a dermatologist or other doctor about using a tanning bed to find out if it is good or bad for your skin.

Answer by Bmat at 10:20 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• this might sound silly, but if you are burnt- don't go back again until you aren't burnt anymore
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Um, if you are burned, then dont go back until the burn is gone, and yes, the burn SHOULD fade into a tan, or it might peel off like mine always does. Tanning is bad for your skin, however, if you keep going and getting repeatedly burned, its HORRIBLE for your skin. Maybe try not going in as long--5 minutes the first few times, then work your way up to 7 minutes--then 10--etc;. I also wouldnt use a tanning lotion.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Tanning beds are no better than lying in the sun.
    You shouldn't go in when you are burnt. Repeated exposure when burnt may lead to 3rd degree burns. My brother got them as a teenager from repeated sun exposure once burnt.
    Have you considered a good quality tan in a bottle?

http://www.try.myarbonne.com

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2009