How long did it take you?

If you've bought a house, how long did it take before you found your house? How many houses did you walk through during that time?

kasey22

Asked by kasey22 at 1:51 AM on Sep. 29, 2012 in Home & Garden

• it took us about 3 weeks to find our house, but we had seen every house in the small area we wanted to live that was under our very low top amount. we probably went thru a dozen houses before we picked the one we're in now. it really was a no brainer as this was by far the best house in our price range at that time.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2012

• We went out with our realtor but we also went to Open Houses on our own. Our realtor kept showing us split level homes which we both didn't want. The house we bought we found on our own via an open house. We went back several times before deciding to purchase it and have been here for 16 years and love it. Our realtor did get the commission. She arranged everything for us. We ended up purchasing the house for cheaper than the sellers paid for it.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 6:43 AM on Sep. 29, 2012

• We got a house built. So we didn't have to look really. We just picked a floor plan.

Answer by louise2 at 7:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2012

• I'd say about a week. We were looking at a house down the street from this one and when we seen the "for sale" sign here we stopped and fell in love.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:29 AM on Sep. 29, 2012

• We went out one day. We were looking for land more than a house. We found the perfect spot pretty quickly as I had already done research on the neighborhoods and had an idea of where I wanted to live. After that we just picked a floor plan and had the house built.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:41 AM on Sep. 29, 2012

• Louise and kmath,

You two lucky ladies,having your house built ! Glad u were able to do so. We are still in our starter.
    Our special deal with the house we live in = 6 blocks one way live my parents and when hub's were still living
    his parents 6 blks other way. Makes it handy also driving less time to head over to folks for bday parties and
    also holidays!
    momw2teens522

Answer by momw2teens522 at 7:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2012

• We started looking at houses on our owna year before we got a realtor. Then it was about 2 months of looking at houses before we found the one we bought. Once we made an offer on the house we closed on it in about 40 days. I loved the process of finding a home. Can't wait to do it again.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 8:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2012

• The first time it was about a month. We walked through maybe a dozen houses and even put an offer on one before that (which luckily fell through). The minute I walked into our house, I knew it was the one.

With this house, we had been looking for a couple of months. We were renting a house four streets away and I was excited to find the exact same floor plan that we were living in. I knew before even walking through it that we would put an offer in on it. All of our furniture had even been bought for this floor plan.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2012