How do you keep up?

With laundry, dishes, just house chores? And have time to relax. Im falling way behind.

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 10:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Let it go. Your house doesn't have to be spotless. just decent. Though once a month I have "major cleaning day" I turn on a good country station real loud. sing and clean and around noon I start drinking while i'm cleaning. My husband knows when he comes home and the house is spotless that I'm tipsy and dinners gonna be good. I also cook big on my "drinking cleaning dayss"
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I do everything in the morning after coffee and taking kids to school (during the week). Then I just have to put toys up etc before dinner.

Answer by gemgem at 10:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• With children around? I never did. I was so exhausted. Your best bet is to try for sanitary conditions and cut back as much as you can. At one point I was vaccuuming every day, but I stopped that, for example. Make a list of what chores are most important in order of the most important to the least. Start at the top and work down the list. Perhaps do the top five, then sit for a half hour with a cup of tea and the newspaper. Then work on the next five. If you aren't getting time off, you may want to see if you can arrange that, too. An evening out or a few hours an afternoon once a week.

Answer by Bmat at 10:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I'm a SAHM and I get up at 6 every morning even though DS doesn't get up until 9. I clean alot then and get things like laundry done. I also clean on his nap time and after he goes to bed. It's a hard job but I'm overly anal about my house being spotless so it's worth it for me. If I ever do get a break, which is rare [I'm also a single mom], that's when I really clean. Spring cleaning type stuff. I do laundry at night when he's sleeping and fold it and put it away in the morning when he's still sleeping. Dishes get done every morning when he's eating breakfast. Toys get picked up at nap time and after he goes to bed. Stuff like cleaning bathrooms, mopping, vacuuming, dusting,m etc.. get done in the morning when he's sleeping. He's not old enough to help me but when he is I'll let him do small things to help out. Needless to say, I'm ready for bed around 9 every night!!
    sahm_krystal33

Answer by sahm_krystal33 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• As soon as the messes are made, clean them up, then you won't fall behind. There is no relaxing until the kids are grown or until you win the lottery and can afford a maid.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:05 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I clean before my son gets up. Start a load of laundry. Then clean some more at nap time. Do dishes. And finish up while hubby cooks dinner after our son is in bed.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I dont sweat it. Its gets done when it gets done. Now is a time to enjoy your kids not spend all day cleaning your house. I do the dishes in the morning and make the kids pick up their toys, but I dont worry about much else. My husband will vacuum when I ask him to....or whatever else.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I'm never, ever caught up with laundry. I have 3 loads to fold right now...at least that much. The kids are old enough to help so they do but it's exhausting just trying to get them to help some days. I have 4 kids though and I expect I will never be caught up on anything again until they have all grown up and left the house.

I gave up on having the house completely clean all the time. I learned to let little things go and not worry so much.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I do stuff at naptime or late afternoons. I really enjoy doing dishes and vacuuming after 3p. My two older boys(4 and 2) love to help vacuum as well.

I try to make my house look decent, I dont go all out and if something doesnt get done...oh well there is always tomorrow.

I try to do two things a day(besides dishes/taking out trash).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I have teens! ;)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2009