why did you name your child their name?

Jackson Grey- Jackson was just b/c i loved it and it is a form of John (my daddys name), and Grey was b/c i love Greys Anatomy. lol
and
Hunter Derik- Hunter well i wasnt allowed to pick anything esle, and Derik i let slid b/c its off Greys. His daddy thinks it is b/c of their god father, Derik.
Why did you name your child(ren) their names? was their a meaning to it or just b/c u loved it?

mamaof2boys148

Asked by mamaof2boys148 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Aidan Lee- We picked it out of a baby book and really liked it. Lee because it runs in my hubbys family a bunch of the guys have that middle name(and my middle name is Leigh.LOL)
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My first daughter I named Renee Elizabeth. I wanted something from the bible or that had a bible meaning. My mom's middle name is Renee so thats where I got her name and it also means Born Again. Then Elizabeth I am not even sure how I came up with that one, but it means God's Oath.
    My second daughter Achually I am not sure what her name means Madison Nichole. Nichole her middle name I got because that is my sister's name and that is how she spells it too. We weren't sure if we were going to spell it I told hubby depends how I spell it on the birth certificate and I spelled it this way. Hubby and I liked Madison and Jenna we couldn't decide so we asked Renee if she like Madison or Jenna she said Madison so that is achually how she got her name. Renee was a little over 2 at the time
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Kevin Patrick.  Kevin just because I liked that name.  Patrick because he was born on March 17th, St. Patrick's Day!

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Schylar Celeste because it mean heavenly scholar, and reminds me of the night sky (plus her eyes were blue!)
    Avalon Brittny because both Avalon and Brittny mean 'island' and I love the connection with the legend of King Arthur.
    Owen Matthew because Owen was the only name my husband and I could agree on and Matthew is my brother's name.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• my husband and i were at odds over what to name him..when we didn't know if he would be a boy/girl, we were at odds then, too. one day he was listening to 80's music, and heard a jackson brown song..and it clicked..we decided to name him 'jackson'..then because i secretly wanted to honor my daddy somehow, i picked his name as jack's middle name..and as it turned out, my hub had a favorite uncle with the same first name..'jackson george'!!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Cody Robert David (hubby picked Cody, not knowing every other kid born in 1994 was gonna be named Cody - Robert and David were his grandfathers' names
    Violette Jeanne Victoria - Violette was my grandmother, great great grandmother, and late sister's name; jeanne and victoria are her grandmothers.
    Levi Edwin William - Levi was my great great great great Grandfather, Edwin is our best friend and godparents to the kids, William is hubby's mother's fathers name.

Yeah, we're not very original - we like to recycle "-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 11:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Norah Lily...we just went through a baby name book, made lists, narrowed it down. I wanted a flower middle name as my only niece's (bro's dd) middle name was rose and I wanted a first name that meant something beautiful. Norah means Honor and Light. We also wanted Hebrew names for both of our kids.

Seth Roger-Richard...Seth is a hebrew name, the third (documented) child of Adam and Eve. Means appointed. Again, chose it from a baby book. Roger and Richard are his grandpa's names.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:57 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• #1~Connor Knight...DH didnt like any boy names I tossed his way. One day I was getting in the shower to get ready for work, and the name Connor popped into my head. I said "hey what about Connor" and he loved it(he found it strong and manly enough LOL). Knight is my maiden name and since my father is the last male in his line(only child, had only daughters) this was our way of honoring him and my family and keeping the name going.
    #2~Avery Danyael...DH heard the name Avery on a news show one night and loved it. I asked for boy or girl, he said boy so we kept it for our next son. Danyael is just Daniel spelled different. Daniel is my DH's middle name(and the name he goes by) so its our way of honoring him and his side of the family. I spelled it different after I saw the spelling in a movie and I LOVED it so I used it.
    #3~Devinn Asher...we had 3 names we loved. These two won out as our absolute favorites.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Nathan Timothy - My husband and I both liked the name Nathan and my husband's name is Timothy.

Trenton Rodney - Again, we both agreed on Trenton, (we call him Trent) and his uncle, who is also his Godfather, name is Rodney.
    KellyRene829

Answer by KellyRene829 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Kathryn was my aunts name, she was stillborn. Nevaeh cause I like it. Jean was my late grandmas middle name.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2009