I have such a sweet dog...

I have a farm with horses, cows, sheep, ducks, chickens, goats, a pig, dogs, cats, and a mule. We have a well on our property that is dry and we never use. My niece loves pitching pennies into it and making wishes. There is a stone wall around it to keep people from falling in it. The wall was old and crumbling so my husband took it down and was going to fix it. My husband went to the hardware store to get the stuff to fix it and I was inside changing a diaper and the dogs were outside. My border collie, Shadow, came running to the door, barking her head off. I followed her into the yard and to the well, where I realized that Lola, my little goat, had escaped from her pen and had fallen in the well. Also, Tess, Shadow's sister, was down in the well with her. She had jumped in when Lola fell and was laying beside her, licking her and keeping her warm. The goat was hurt and she was scared (and scared goats can be a danger to themselves) so Tess sat beside her and kept her from hurting herself. I called my neighbor to stay with my daughter and my niece and I got a rope from the garage. I tied it into a loop and dropped it down the well. Tess took the rope and, with a little direction, she looped it around Lola's waist so that I could pull her out. After the goat was free, I put the rope down the well and Tess stepped into it without any direction and I pulled her up. Once my filthy dog was free of the well, she laid down beside the goat and started licking her clean. Lola's leg had a small fracture but she was otherwise unharmed. Tess stayed in the barn with her all night. She's such a good dog.

Cowgirl_Coyote

Asked by Cowgirl_Coyote at 4:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2012 in Pets

• What a good dog! Will your goat be able to heal?

Answer by Bmat at 4:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• Awe! What a great story! Thanks for sharing.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• She's doing ok. She's limping but she's still pitiful.
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Comment by Cowgirl_Coyote (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2012

• AWW what a great doggy
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 7:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• great
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 9:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2012

• good dog
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2012

• AWE !!! ...........

happy

isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2012