Does your SO?

wake up with you and the kids on his day offs in the morning? Or does he sleep in all day until someone goes in and bothers him? My SO has never gotten his a$$ out of bed on his own, it irritates the hell out of me and he doesn't work long hours either...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• My SO will sometimes get up with us. I try and let him sleep in though because when he is home he has PT every morning at 6:30 and then has to work until at least 5 on top of that.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:36 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Mine gets up before us but he still doesn't help. After I've been up all night with a teething baby he won't take him in the morning so I can sleep in even though he's already up....it's a different situation, but I still feel your pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• No he usually sleeps a few more hours than us he doesnt really help with the kids he just sleeps go's to work comes home and eats then plays fricking computer games or prowels e-bay and then go's and sleeps some more!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• damn, a lot of really involved SOs out there! *sarcasm*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Let him have his rest. It would be ideal if you also get a sleep-in day. See if you can arrange it with him. But treat him gently about this. If he is sleeping this much he may need it. It would be good though for you to also get some pampering- either he watches the kids while you get to go out, or he takes care of them while you get a nice bubble bath and relax.

Answer by Bmat at 11:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• that's BS caues he always sleeps in no matter what, even if he goes to sleep the night before at 9pm he always sleeps in. If he doesn't go to sleep early, then he makes the choice to stay up until 1 or 2am to play on the computer.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• haha I would take all the kids in the room and say daddy wants to play and close the door
    bizymom413

Answer by bizymom413 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Hahaha!!! my dh never has. and it frustrates the hell out of me too. I understand he works outside the home and all, but raising kids is also a full time job and he doesnt see it that way at all. At least he gets days off, I dont and it would be nice to have a break now and then as well.
    lilmans_mommy

Answer by lilmans_mommy at 12:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• wow...my hubby lets me sleep on the weekends and gets up with our 7 month old. Sometimes I will let him sleep if he is tired, but he generally requires less sleep then me. If it bothers you maybe you could see if once or twice a month he would get up either with you or in place of you!
    hilary1122

Answer by hilary1122 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I would let him sleep in,he owns his own bussiness,and despite the economy his bissnuiss is booming,as of rite now he hasent had a day off in 41/2 wks.god bless him.
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2009