Girls ears pierced

Did you get your girls earss pierced or do you think they should be teenagers

WHITELIGHTJENNY

Asked by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 8:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I got my DDs pierced for her 3rd birthday.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• Mine got hers on her 7th birthday.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• People do and I don't think it is my job to decide what others do. For me and mine, I said when my daughter could take care of them and be responsible for them herself, she was ready to have her ears pierced.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/1274148/Girls_ears_pierced
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• I got my DD's done when she was 21 months old bit since then they have closed since she will not keep earrings in them so now I will wait.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• We got DD's done around 15 months, but a few months ago she started pulling the backs off and wouldn't stop, so we took them out. I wasn't planning on having them pierced again until she was old enough to ask, but MIL sent an ear piercing kit and now I feel obligated, she also got us "baby proof" earrings for her, so I will probably do it in the next few months.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• I had my daughters done when she was a baby. As soon as the Dr said it was okay. She is now 41/2 never lost one earring, never pulled on them, never had an infection.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• I have allowed my daughter things as a rite of passage. She was unable to get her ears pierced until she was 13. No dating till age 17. etc..... My thought is if you give them every privilege then the only thing left is sex so many things, cell phones, makeup, dating etc only happen at a certain age.

booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• Yes but she doesn't have them now. I did it on her first birthday. it was what i planned. pictures and earings. It was fine until i lost the back of the earing and never put them back in and then she wanted earings for her pictures and they were fake earings and she is just like me and they get infected so for now no earings except the stick on ones. but eventually i will get her earrings again and make sure they always real gold.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2012