Girls ears pierced

Do you think its ok to pierce a babys ears

WHITELIGHTJENNY

Asked by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 8:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I do, but then again mine where done when I was six months old, (clearly I didn't have a choice,) But as I got older I can choose to wear earrings or not, so could they. As long as shes not too young, go for it.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• People do and I don't think it is my job to decide what others do. For me and mine, I said when my daughter could take care of them and be responsible for them herself, she was ready to have her ears pierced.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/1274147/Girls_ears_pierced
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• No, personally I don't. The babies never agreed to it & as toddlers most babies have issues with the earrings.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• It's up to you. I didn't do it, and now my daughter is 9 and petrified to do it. I kind of wish I had just done it before she even realized it. I wanted it to be something she looked back on and always remembered though. I still remember it. I was 10 and it was a big deal to me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• No
    There's plenty of time down the road

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• Mine were done when I was a baby and I dont mine, and probably if I had a girl I would have done her too
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• Yeah. My parents had my ears pierced as a baby and I can't thank them enough that I didn't have to do it later on. I have 2 boys, but if I had a girl, I would've done it.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• My mom got mine done when I was 6 months old. If I had or a girl or if I ever had one I would do the samething.
    JennieMarie1103

Answer by JennieMarie1103 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• Mine were done when I was 8. I think it's a good age...you get the choice. Really....why does a baby need earrings? JMO Babies can't take care of them and to be honest, don't know what the heck they are/why they're there.
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 10:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2012