I can't get warm..

My body has been weak, I have been tired, I have a headache, NO FEVER! but I can't get warm I have tried taking hot and I mean HOT! baths, showers, sitting in front of a electric heater, sitting on the floor heating vent, a heating blanket. I am bundled up, I even went and sat in my car with the heat on full blast. Why is my body not warming up, I am freezing, I have goosebumps all over, my hands are cold.. What is going on? It has been two days. I almost would say I had the flu but no coughing, just alittle stuffy nose, ear hurts alittle, any ideas?!

ajrjj05

Asked by ajrjj05 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2012 in Health

• Have you been eating and sleeping well? It sounds like you have the chills, which is a symptom for many more serious conditions. I've had this before and it turned out that I had a serious blood condition called idiothrombocytopenia purpura (ITP) where I was not getting enough protein for my body to produce enough blood platelets. A sign of this conditioning worsening is little red pin-sized dots (not raised like pox) and an unexplainable itchy skin. It's considered life-threatening because you can bruise yourself and bleed internally and not know it. I was not allowed to leave the hospital once diagnosed. Of course, it could be other conditions but just a thought that it may be something very serious. I urge you to see a doctor or go to one of those urgent care centers ASAP. Body temperature regulation problems is a serious sign of something worse. Please do not delay getting medical attention
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:38 AM on Sep. 30, 2012

• My guess is a low grade fever. Sometimes those really low grade ones feel the worst. Have you tried a hot cup of tea. That always works for me.

Hope you feel better soon.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• If this is legit, the first thing I would ask is if you have been dieting and if so if you are underweight.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• had this one time
    it was in northern wisconsin and in winter
    but i finally went to a tanning bed, and did this for few weeks- maybe 6 times
    after first time my chill was gone, continued, i felt warm, it felt great

now i am not a tanner, but northern wi, winter lasts FOREVER

hope you are not sick
    and if you are not pregnant
    maybe a tan session will get the chill off
    i am not a tanner, but when i had chills that would not go away- this is what i did
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• You may not have a fever but you could still have a bug, like the 24 flu. I have had that a few times with no fever with those same symptoms.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• Sounds like flu symptoms to me. Hope you feel better soon!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• Could be a bug going around, could be your iron levels. You need a doctor to tell you which.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• Have you tried Advil or another fever reducer, just to see if it helps? Have you had your thyroid levels checked?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• The only time when I get so cold and can't warm up is when I'm physically exhausted. Several years ago, it was winter and I was working 12 hour shifts and not the same shift either. I was wore out and was so tired I didn't even eat dinner one night, I'd had a hot bath, hot tea, warm pjs (with 2 shirts), warm socks, house shoes, thick bathrobe, and turned the heat up, I was still shivering. I was ok and warm the next day, just needed rest. However, low cold tolerance is a symptom of low thyroid.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2012

• drinking tea right now. :), My temp said 97.6 earlier.
    ajrjj05

Comment by ajrjj05 (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2012