Too good to be true?

I've had a lot of problems with loser guys in the past and my friend just set me up with her friend. We went out last night and had a great time. He is chivalrous and loves kids. He wants to settle down and get married and have one of his own. He has his life together. We really hit it off and he asked me to go to this event with him in April so I take it he wants to stick around for a while. I can't help but think that there's something seriously wrong with him that I'm just missing. It's probably because of every thing I've been through with guys in the past. Have you ever felt this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• He does seem wonderful. Take it very slow. Maybe he is the one. fingers crossed for you. :)

Answer by Bmat at 11:49 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Been in that situation. That guy that I was wondering "where is the catch" is now my husband and the father of my children. It is hard, but you have to just enjoy the ride. I agree with PP though, take it slow.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Haha i would just take it slow.. I am like you.. with men.. just relax and if there is something wrong you will see it in time
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 12:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It just seems like you've been screwed so much in the past that the thought of a "perfect for you" man is too good to be true. So just take it really really slow, don't introduce him to your kids yet, get to know him before things get physical. Maybe he is the one for you!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• do you plan on seeing each other untill the April event? I think its funny that he has planned something so far in advance-April is a while away.
    Anonymous

• been there,i had just come off a bad marraige,went to the bar just to have a drink and think.he sat down next to me,within 15 min we were laughing more than i had laughed in 2 years.come to find out he was there looking for a date to a wedding in mexico...i went.....we have been together for 5 1/2 years and getting married in june.I say hes my knight in shing armore..give him a chance but take it slow.
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• The ones that you aren't looking for are the keepers☺
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Yes, I had these same feelings about my DH in the beginning. He had not been married and had no children of his own. He did not have any serious previous relationships, other than a high school sweetheart. He kept a job and did not live with his mother, lol. He turned out to be as close to perfect as can be expected. He has his faults but he always tries and his main goal is to make myself and our children happy and to give us a better life.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Take it slow Baby! Let it all fall into place. :)
    JanuaryRayne

Answer by JanuaryRayne at 4:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I know what you mean! I feel that way even though i only dated few guys in the past 4 years. I don't start the dating thing unless i know he is not a player.

I do feel the same way , why he is so nice and stick around and wants to make a life with me? Don't get me wrong, i think i am beautiful and everything men could want too! But the too good to be true is always on my mind.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2009