Post Partum Deppression

I am 8 months Post Partum and DEPRESSED! I have tried Zoloft, Effexor & Wellbutrin with no relief. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 11:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Health

• Stay on whichever med made you feel okay. But make a goal each day like to wake up and have tea and take the baby for a stroll. Get some excercise and start doing something for yourself that isn't baby related. You just need to know that your life isn't trapped in motherhood. You are still who you were before pregnancy you just need to remember that and treat yourself well. Being a Mom is tough. Many of us feel going to work is a breeze and a break over staying home. Also, might be helpful to get a therapist. Post partum is serious so take care of yourself, you are important!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I was on Zoloft for a while and it didn't help me. It just made me feel numb. The only thing that helped was forcing myself to get out and stay busy. I started making play dates for my son and babysitting for some extra money. Once you get out of that hole it gets a lot easier to stay up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• twelve months after baby was born i had psychology and talked honestly about how much i hated my kid and the guilt etc etc but it was all in a safe environment tat ws also productive and it took me to a new place. without my psychology i wud never have got to the stage of moving on with my life. i was really bad you know, i tried to kill myself, got put into a restbite place.......i dont wanna put my past onto you im just saying if you wnna chat im here for an ear. theres nothing tat can shock me.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2009