Is it safe to take tylenol pm to sleep when pregnant?

I was told by a nurse that it is ok. I have no intensions of doing this! It was very surprising to me that she said it was ok.

rnae

Asked by rnae at 11:49 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My friend's doctor told her the same thing and I was also surprised!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:57 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I took it the whole time i was pregnant for major back pain it does not pass through the placenta thats y its safe it doesnt touch baby!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Yes it is safe. I did it the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy cause my contractions were so bad they'd wake me up at night, but it was always false labor! I took it and slept through all my contractions. It's safe and works wonders
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 12:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I am 28 weeks today! I was also told it was safe, i have taken it a couple times for the lack of being able to sleep through the night. I went to the hospital a few weeks ago for major cramping, i cant believe they offered me vicodin, now i wouldn't go that far. I just feel like it would affect the baby.
    Army_wife614

Answer by Army_wife614 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It's just benadryl and tylenol..I even had a prescription for ambien while pregnant. Ambien is a cat B for pregnancy. Vicodin is also a class B..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Tylenol is fine to take, as is benadryl. Tylenol Pm is a mix of the two if you read the ingredients. Its prefectly safe to take if you want.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 2:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Wow! Thanks for the info. I had no idea.
    rnae

Answer by rnae at 7:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2009