what can i take for a cold

im 36 wks almost 37 wks prego and i got my daughters cold or what ever she has im already dialating and sofening up for this baby to be born so what can i take for a cold and will it make me have faster labor cause if so id rather not rush labor

bugbug07

Asked by bugbug07 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Peppermint tea with honey in it really helped my fiance. Get plenty of rest, orange juice (I'm assuming you don't have gestational diabetes). Good luck!
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 11:57 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I was told by my OB the only thing that I could take over the counter is REGULAR robitussin or however you spell it... none of the CF or DM formulas just regular stuff. It won't do much but it might help with the cough a little. I don't think it will have an affect on your labor though.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 11:58 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• hot water, lemon juice and honey (I like sugar in it too, but I have a sweet tooth:)
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Awww. I'm sure you're uncomfortable enough already. I would just take hot showers to loosen things up and tea like sizesmith said. If you're really congested try some Vicks.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I got sick late in my last pregnancy too and they told me I could take regular tylenol or the robitussin. I just stuck it out though because I'm a freak about everything...lol.
    AmandaDenise26

Answer by AmandaDenise26 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• One of my neighbors makes ginger infused tea for me with a little lemon and honey. It burns going down, but I always feel better in the morning. Other wise my OB told me I could take Robitussin DM and Sudafed if I needed as well as Tylenol if I was running a fever.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• If your nose is drippy take some benadryl
    Anonymous