Why did you have to have a c-section?

I'm just wondering because I don't really know anyone who has had one. I almost had to because of my blood pressure, but luckily I was able to stick it out. I was just interested to hear some stories.

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 12:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had to have one because my baby was in fetal distress. That was almost 22 years ago.
    KellyRene829

Answer by KellyRene829 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• According to my Dr. The baby's heart rate was staying to low after my contractions and she didn't want to chance it. But I had been to triage a few times before I was actually in labor and her heart rate was doing the same thing 2 mo before. My SO was mad that she wouldn't listen and take a look at previous visits to the hospital before they wheeled me in for surgery.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I had one with my first after 3 days of labor. That wasn't soo bad-but they admitted me bc I was exhausted and decided to give me pitocin (devil med-imo) and within 1 minute my son's heart rate dropped and never came back up. It was the scariest thing in my whole life.

They throw an o2 mask on me and we were rolling down the hall and I cried. my son was really blue/dark when he was born. Almost 10 pounds. My doctor told me that if I had had my baby 100 years ago-we both would have died.

I had a second section at 38 weeks.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I've had 4 c-sections. The first was planned because my pelvis is extremely narrow and 3 doctors agreed I wouldn't deliver vaginally unless the baby was under 6lbs (she was 7lbs at birth).
    The other 3 were technically repeats but I've had 9 other doctors at 3 other practices in 2 other states agree with the original 3 doctors that I would never deliver vaginally. No biggie.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I HAD COMPLETE PLACENTA PREVIA SO THEIR WAS NO WAY I COULD HAVE MY BABY. IT WASN'T AS BAD AS I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE AND MINE WAS EMERGENCY TOO. MY OTHER 3 CHILDREN WERE VAGINAL AND MY YOUNGEST C-SECTION. GLAD I GOT TO EXPERIENCE BOTH.
    SweetMama823

Answer by SweetMama823 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• After 24 hrs at home and contractions still not coming as regularly as they wanted, they finally had me go in and realized he was trying to come out butt-first.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Well first time around I completed fully and pushed for three and a half hours (after 24 hours of labor) and found out that he was posterior (sunny side UP) and had my c-section.

Second time I fought HARD TO NOT have one, and I apparently didn't progress enough, I stalled at 7 cent and the reasoning this time was that we still have a healthy mom and a healthy baby and I couldn't buy any more time....I think it was unnecessary....if you are truly interested checking out my journal post about GD and VBACing...I hated the clinic so badly after that I never went back! They were so convinced that I was going to have a HUGE baby (he was 7lbs 2oz and 20inchesl long 4 days late) that it clouded their judgment...they never cared to listen to me.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• my girls had twin to twin tranfusion syn. so when they went into distress my c-section happened
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My baby's heart rate kept dropping with each contraction. But I didn't even feel the contractions, I just knew because the nurses kept running into my room to check on me. And no, I didn't have an epidural or pitocin. I chose to have a c-section rather than risk delivering a stillborn. The cord was around his neck twice, and I just knew it.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Everyone in my immediate family have had to have them, for basically the same reasons...no dialation.

I had to be induced with my first due to bp issues. We tried for 41 hrs and I barely hit a 1cm(and that was being nice to me). Nothing was changing, no matter what I or they did and his heartrate was going up and down so we finally decided we'd tried all we could and did a fast c/section.

I had repeat c/sections with my last two babies.

My mother had c/sections because, with her first, she didnt dialate past like a 5 and that was after 36 hrs of trying. My older sister got to a 10cm but her cervix never cleared all the way and the baby started having issues so they had to get him out fast. My younger sister never dialated past a 5-6cm(of all of us, I was the only one induced, the rest went into labor "naturally").

So, in my case, you could say its hereditary LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 1:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2009