For the past two days, my 6 week old, son has only been having wet diapers. What can I do about it?

Mom_ofPrince

Asked by Mom_ofPrince at 12:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he breastfed or on formula? If he's bf'ing, it's very normal for ebf babies to go several days without pooping. It's because they use up the breastmilk so efficiently that there is not as much waste produced. If you are nursing, the site www.kellymom.com has a lot of good information about bf'ing and dirty diapers and what is normal and when to be concerned.
    If he is ff'ing, it can be a sign of constipation and I would give your doctor a call to see what he/she suggests. HTH!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• If he is breastfed he can go 10-14 days without pooping and it's normal! My son would only go once/week starting at about the same age
    And if he is formula fed he can go 3-4 days without any problems
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2009