What age does your little one wipe themselves?

My granddaughter is 5 and she dosent wipe herself, omg, her dad still does it. Who is her primary care giver. I think she should be doing this herself

WHITELIGHTJENNY

Asked by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 2:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have caught my almost 7 year old "forgetting" to wipe even within the last year...which I think is WAY too old for that excuse! I was shocked, and I think it is ridiculous that I have to ask whether or not an almost 7 year old child "remembered" to wipe, but I don't do it for her. My 3.5 year old needs baby wipes, but does it herself.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• My son is 7 and I still check after poop. He doesn't do a very good job!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• He was 5 when I stopped helping or checking up on him.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• Around 3 y/o my sons began to wipe themselves but I had to wipe them again. :) We began at 3 because it's the year kids start preschool here and teachers and their help can wipe the kids at school.
    Anyway my second son is 5 y/o and wipe himself without any checking from my part.
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2012