Anyone have a "green" way to get rid of ants?!

Ok? So my beautiful 2yr old. daughter loves to leave crumbs and food particles around the apartment. Now i have an ant problem in her bedroom. ugh!!! Does anyone know a homemade recipe to get rid of the ants. Something i can put in a spray bottle, and something that doesn't have harmful ingredients?!? Remember, the ants are in her bedroom, so i didn't want to purchase those poisonous ant sprays.

BrittAldrmn

Asked by BrittAldrmn at 12:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Baby powder, for some reason they don't like to walk in it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Water bottle with vinegar-I think-spray the area where they are coming from.
    Anonymous

• Mint. Either the plant or a liquid made with the essential oil. They hate it, and has the added benefit of smelling good.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I tried vinegar & water combo, but they aren't leaving. It did kill the ones i saw, and i did spray the crack in the corner (where the ants where coming from). But, more have came back.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. =]

Thanks "desert_diva" - but i don't have anything with mint. Maybe if i crush a peppermint and leave it for them. They will eat it, and die?!? Who knows?!
    BrittAldrmn

Answer by BrittAldrmn at 2:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• AWESOME!!!! I have loads of baby powder in the house!!! Thank you, so much!!
    BrittAldrmn

Answer by BrittAldrmn at 3:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2009