Please Help!

My daughter is 7 months old, and last night she had a fever of 100.2. So we gave her tylenol and it went back to normal. So we went to bed and around 3 am I woke up and she was burning up and had 102.1 fever, which again went down with tylenol. My husband doesnt wanna run to the DR becasue he thinks it could be her teething. I dont know what to do, any advise? When should I take her to the dr?

AudreysMommy798

Asked by AudreysMommy798 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think usually a fever of 102 is from teething. (usually more low grade like the 100.2) I think I would just keep an eye on her... if she is drinking like normal and acting well probably just a virus. If she continues to have fever over 101 for a couple days I would bring her in...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Just to be clear a fever over 99 is NOT an indication of teething. if its going that high she needs to go to the doctor. Her body is too young to handle that and you don't want to keep pumping her full of tylenol. that is just covering up a problem that is there.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I would take her in. If the fever lasts for 24 hours or more in children 3 months to 1 year you need to at least call your doctor. A fever is a sign of an infection in the body, tylenol will only lower the fever not cure the infection
    mommy_to_3_kids

Answer by mommy_to_3_kids at 1:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I agress with mommy to 3 kids
    Anonymous

• i think you should definetly take her in. 102 is high for teething. she could have an infection, or she may coming down with something. My 4 month old son just got over broncidus. better safe than sorry. my doctor says to come in if its 101 or higher.
    momofaprodigy

Answer by momofaprodigy at 4:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Does she has any other problem? Do you think she may be in pain anywhere? How does she eat and drink? diarrhea etc?

If she is just running a temp and holding some liquid down, and she has few wet diaper. I will wait 2 days.

But if she is not drinking anything and no output. Baby gets dehydrate real easy! watch out the sinken eyes and forehead, those are the signs of dehydration.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• If so, take her in to ER. Dehydration is emergency suitation.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2009