Do you and your SO have restrictions?

Are there things you or he aren't "allowed" to do (besides like cheating, and beating each other up LOL) For example- Do you tell him he isn't "allowed" to go to the bar with his friends or vice versa?

ZaTa

Asked by ZaTa at 1:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I would never tell my husband what he is "allowed" or "not allowed" to do. Same goes for him. We respect and trust each other and are adults capable of making the right decisions.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• No. We don't own each other. We're both adults.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 1:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My husband can go out-although we never have any money to go any where.

But, we do have a mutual agreement-I guess you could call it that-he wouldn't want me out all hours of the night-just the same as I wouldn't want him. Other than that, none really.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• No, but we have told each other if there is something we don't like. We don't do it very often though, and so when one of us says something the other typically does not do it out of respect for the other! I just don't want him confusing me with his mom! And I certainly don't want to view him as my dad!
    hilary1122

Answer by hilary1122 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• The only restriction I place on my husband's going out is that if they change locations I want him to let me know. For example - he and his best friend go to Dave & Busters and that's where I think they are. If 4am comes and he's not home, I worry (since we have a 2am last call). If he texts me and tells me they're going back to Eric's to drink yet even more, I"m less worried.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• No, we are both adults and the only people who we should be setting rules and restrictions for are our 2 children:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Nothing that has come up so far that I can think of. We pretty much allow each other our space, etc.
    bhwrn1

Answer by bhwrn1 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• The only thing is no going to strip clubs, or anything of that nature.
    Anonymous

• Me and my hubby do not have the time to go out. I mean with 4 kids it is hard. And he works sometimes 40 to 60 hours a week. I know this is no excuse for this. But we just can not seem
    to mke the time. And when we do it always has a wrench thrown in it.
    mommykimmy1967

Answer by mommykimmy1967 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• We never have and we never will. We are husband and wife not eachothers parents.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2009