i dont feel like cleaning.. lol

do you ever get like this? wht motivation do you use to clean it!?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Pretend a friend or family member is coming over. That should do it!
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 1:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• same here....i just do it....my hubby is a neat freak so i try to have it perfect when he gets home...it sucks...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Like Danishlady - I tell myself the inlaws will be arriving shortly, along with that girl in high school who always thought she was better than everyone else, and a camera crew for Dateline.

And if that doesn't do it I watch How Clean Is Your House, and suddenly my house doesn't seem so bad so I don't feel guilty anymore.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I don't pretend. I actually call someone and tell them to come over later. And if I don't know what time they are stopping by, even better, because then I have to clean up NOW.
    Frugalista

Answer by Frugalista at 1:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Oooo, good Frugalista! Invite someone over! You benefit twice- being motivated to clean up and having company besides! I like!
    Try putting up heavy window liners and keeping the draperies closed as much as possible- it makes it much harder to see the dirt, then. When you are looking to see if the place needs cleaned, leave your glasses off. If your plate sticks to the counter top, time to clean the counter top. If you think your TV is going bad, then it is time to wipe off the TV screen. Actually, this happened to my BIL. My MIL was visiting him and he commented that he guessed he'd have to get a new TV since he could hardly see the picture anymore. She wiped off the screen and Voila! like new! Oh yes, since the question was how to get motivated to clean. I just think that if I clean now the layers of dirt will be much less by the next time I clean. I also have a schedule and stick to that- kitchen floor Saturdays, etc.

Answer by Bmat at 2:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I'm totally the same way! luckily my aunt stay's with us and she cleans most of the time, i will help on occasion or if i don't i'll feel like a huge slob! [pregnant] i just stay away from the cleaning products.
    Happymom236

Answer by Happymom236 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i feel like i never have time to get every thing done i have 5 boys i wont lie i have payed them to help and once a month i have a cleaning party my friends and i getogether and ever one bring a food dish and we all clean and eat . only papper plates no disnes for a day
    tearsao5jboys

Answer by tearsao5jboys at 2:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• im glad some one feels the some as i do about cleaning, my get up and go, has got up and went,
    tearsao5jboys

Answer by tearsao5jboys at 3:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I just look at my house and the messy things start bothering me. That's my only motivation.
    Anonymous

• I have 2 college assignments due tomorrow and I have absolutely no motivation to get them done. I'll be at the computer all day tomorrow getting them done...lol.
    Housework was all done yesterday so we wouldn't have to worry about it today.
    I'm doing laundry, though, but that's something I really love to do!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2009