What kind of pan, skillet, or pot would u recommend?

I have my favorite but as time has gone by they started to peel away I do use my utensil that are made for that type of cooking pot. (no metal) but after so much wear and tear it eventually starts get old. So when I fry stuff everything gets sooo stuck on it, it is soooo annoying. Anybody have any suggestions???
I believe it is the teflon type.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• The teflon pans are not good for you at all. The material they use comes off and ends up in your blood. The best kind to use are Stainless Steel. I have a set of Emeril Stainless Steel, and I just love them! You don't have to have a certain kind of utensil either.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I totally agree with the first answer. I too have stainless steel. I do however keep 2 small teflon skillets around for things like grilled cheeses or fried eggs. But at the first sign of wear, I replace them.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• We have copper bottom stainless and a few non-stick things for eggs or mac n cheese. We also want some cast iron, but not in the budget right now. Definitely go with the stainless, though - it's really not hard to clean, just deglaze it w/ water when you're done if you're not making a sauce, and a plastic scrubbie will get anything stubborn.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I have a set of Cuisinart pots and pans given to me by my daughter for Christmas 2007. They are awesome.So far they are the best I have ever had.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• teflon is disgusting.. the chemicals that are used to make them get into your food.

i LOVE le cruset (good ol' cast iron coated in enamel)
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• teflon for eggs only- then i use cast iron for eveything else... with the excpetion for a regular metal pot for boiling things. All my meat is cooked in cast iron except for chicken(which i don't eat) so i rarely make. I used to have the copper bottom pots but they burn on the bottom and the side are cooler so the pot is not consistant. MY GF has a pampered chef set that she LOVES!!!!!!
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 4:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• my dad has the Emeril pans like the first poster mentioned, and they are excellent! i wish i could afford them! but if you have the money, i would start with those, or at least get one or two pans that you use most often. they really are great, and as long as you take care of them, they will last a long time.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• cast iron, and le Creuset. Use stainless saucepans - but the cast iron and enamelled cast iron are perfect non-stick pans - great for casseroles too!
    debscards

Answer by debscards at 12:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2009