How did you cope with your Parents Divorce?

I am wondering what some Healthy things your Parents Grandparents did for you to get through it? YOur Freind for Life Juanita Waterman

JuanitaWaterman

Asked by JuanitaWaterman at 1:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I was 15 when my parents split up. They didn't do anything out of the ordinary that I can think of. It was a friendly split & I honestly just didn't care much --- whatever they wanted to do.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• me and my sisteres were aged 12 - 15. i was happy my dad was ridding us of our mother but it was such a fucked up life anyway. i still dont think i have fully recovered from all the shit they both allowed us to go thru. i wasnt abused in any vile sense or anyhting.. but i was seriously angry and depressed for years and years. im 30 now.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I was 12 when my parents got divorced and no matter what you do, it's never easy. They sat us down and talked to us, told me and my sister it wasn't our fault, and it was a choice that they made. They asked us who we wanted to live with because one of them obviously had to leave. The biggest thing I can say is to ALWAYS be there for your children. Once my mom met someone, she didn't care about me or my sister... same with my dad. I don't have a relationship with my dad right now. I do with my mom. Just always make sure your kids come first!!!
    dhalinka

Answer by dhalinka at 1:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I was about 7 when my parents seperated. I didn't really understand it much, I guess. My dad convinced me that my mom's boyfriend, who she is now getting married to in July, was a bad person. I told her in about 2nd grade and she took it really personal. It was hard being so young. I was always jealous of kids with two parents together, and I wonder what It'd be like if they never broke up.
    kayceebug8741

Answer by kayceebug8741 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2009