day time naps

My son (5 weeks old) sleeps just fine in his crib at night, but during the day when he falls asleep and I try to put him down he wakes up again almost right away. When do babies usually start taking their naps in their crib during the day? I have a bed time routine at night, would I need one during the day as well?

januarymom81

Asked by januarymom81 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD who is 5 months old eventually got herself in a routine where she is taking her morning nap about an hour after she wakes up. and then a good afternoon nap around 3 or 4. I just make sure that I have her in bed between 9:30 and 10. If I was you, for right now I would just be happy that he is sleeping at nite at such a young age. Sometimes baby don't distinguish day and nite for a while. Maybe try swaddling him and putting him in his playpen. Maybe he is connecting his crib with bedtime and when its dark out.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• not at 5 weeks... more like 6 months i think...
    Anonymous