What do you do?

While cooking breakfast and your cooking eggs and reach into the carton and the you pick out is slightly cracked or cracked slightly open do you use it or do you try to scoop in into the pan.

Or I hate when this happens when you making a really nice breakfast and one of the eggs seems to have alitlle blood in it (the yolk), Now that I just throw it away that is soo disgusted.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If they are already cracked I don't use them. When they have blood in them, it just depends on how much blood as to whether or not i use it. i have had ones that have hard things in them...which I could only assume would be a chicken already starting to form when the eggs were taken. Kinda gross....lol.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I never used cracked eggs, unless I just cracked them. If there's just a spot of blood, I scoop it out with the shell. The eggs you buy to cook with were never going to be chickens because they are unfertilized. So, whatever you find in them, it isn't a chicken fetus!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i agree with jespeach on the eggs being unfertilized. the chickens just aren't around males, so they can't turn into babies!
    but yeah, i always throw out eggs that are found cracked- you have no idea when they got cracked! and if i find a little spot of blood, i just scoop it out. never had a problem otherwise.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Make sure you check your eggs at the store, before you buy them.
    Anonymous