Would you allow......

your children to continue playing with another child that wished them dead?

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• i'm gonna answer this as a 'no'.
    don't know what the storyline is, but i'd still go with 'no'.

Answer by dullscissors at 10:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• I thinkit would depend on the "wish"

Answer by Dardenella at 10:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• WHAT!?!?! No!

Answer by toughluck08 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• Well, that's an odd question. Of course I wouldn't allow my child to play with a child that wished him/her dead

Answer by adnilm at 10:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• I would like to say no, but then my kids couldn't play with each other. Honestly, the age of the children and the context would be helpful. I will give it a solid "maybe" until I know more.

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• If the other child was just mean and always saying this, than no
    If it was just something said once in childlike way, than its ok but would remind my own child not to tell his friends this.

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• Never.

Answer by SaraD1989 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• my dd was told daily by some of the kids in her school to kill herself all because she dressed differently. If you think that I would dare let her be friends with any of them, you are crazy. No. Never would I let her be friends with them.

Answer by blondie805 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• We have lived in our home for 12 years, finally have a neighbor with a child so my children had a friend. Long story short, since they moved in, it has been anything but pleasant. I catch this kid being mean to 2 of my children, caught him in lies, and have warned my children to be wary of him. I would allow this child to play with my children, but only in our yard where I could watch them. Today, they were playing some kind of made up tag game with Bayblade (I don't know) and the kid got pissed saying they didn't know how to play and wished they all would die. My hubby sent him home and we had our children come in. @ min, later he is at our door saying his mom said to say sorry. My husband asked him for what? He said, I don't. My husband said it wasn't nice what he said and should never wish that on anyone and he left. CONT.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2012

• I just don't feel comfortable with this kid. I wanted to talk to his parents, but not right after this happened. This just doesn't sit well with me, and this kid is only 7!

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2012