Out of curiosity???

Why do some people put god before their kids? I am truly wondering why or what their reasoning is. Please keep it civil and be grown adults about it. thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because GOd is the one who gave us life it it wasnt for him I wouldnt have my kids... Also the bible says dont put anything before the Lord God not even family... GOd will be there when they let you down and he will help you with what you are going though... I do put God before anything or anyone because if you put
    ANYTHING OR ANYONE before the Lord that is your god......
    Hope this helped God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• So because I put my kids before anyone, then techniqually (sp?) my kids are my god? Did I understand what you said correctly?
    Anonymous

• Let me see if i can find the bible verses to help you out me ok? Just give me a min....
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Got me. Hope you find your answer.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Deuteronomy 6:14 "You shall not follow other gods, any of the gods of the peoples who surround you,

Exodus 20:23 You shall not make other gods besides Me; gods of silver or gods of gold, you shall not make for yourselves.

THere is a few hope this helped
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I do not know why people put God before their children. I do not. I put my children on my list of priorities as number 1 and I think that God understands that. My children have been introduced to God and have a personal relationship with Him...at least my 5yr old does. My relationship with God is separate from my chlidren's relationship with Him.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Matthew 6:24-34 (King James Version)

24No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• 29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
    hinson7169

• By putting God first in your life you are actually benefitting your children far greater than by putting them first. Your children will reap the blessings of your faithfulness for many generations to come.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Ok one more question. Would those who put god first sacrifice their children? I am honestly curious and dont want anyone to take it wrong.
    Anonymous