Babywise?

Whats everyones opinion on it? What EXACTLY is the book called?

DessaG20

Asked by DessaG20 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its called babywise LOL. there were things in there i agreed with and some i didn't. but thats the point of the book. it tells u about a bunch of different ways to do things, and u can pick the best one the best fits ur family :)
    ashcoyle

Answer by ashcoyle at 2:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i prefer 'the baby book' by dry sears.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i've heard nothing good about that book. sorry
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I haven't read the book, but from speaking with other moms who use the bw techniques, it sounds like a good read. It's called On Becoming Babywise. It's controversial, but just as controversial as attachment parenting (Dr. Sears) and other forms of parenting. Just because SOME moms don't like bw, they think it's ok to condemn the method altogether.

Are you interested in becoming a bw mom? There's a bw group on Cafe Mom.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It's call On Becoming Babywise and yes, it is very controversial. If you are interested in it, read the reviews at Amazon. About 50% of the moms love it. About 50% hate it. If you are still interested after reading the reviews, go look at it at the bookstore. The version sold to the public is the cleaned up / toned down version of a very "the Bible says" book. If you want the original version, you have to go to that preachers website to get it.

Personally, it was too nutty and rigid for me.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• "On Becoming Babywise."

The American Academy of Pediatrics warns against it...the methods are linked to failure to thrive.

I have read Babywise, and personally I disbelieve anyone who tells me they know Go'd Way to do anything. I also found the sleep method to be useless...babies sleep when they sleep and what you do has nothing at all to do with it.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2009