What's the big Fad about Highschool musical???

My best friends daughter is crazy about it. My little girl is only 2, so I dunno but is it the guys dancing music what??? LOL. I work at Dollar General and hubby works at Wal*Mart- serisouly, it seems like it's Highschool music mad crazy out there?
Do you have a HSM fanatic in your house?
HSM is on right now- the Disney Channel so I have it on.

alinzasmommy

Asked by alinzasmommy at 2:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• No, I have a son so I don't have to deal with that hehe
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My DD loves HSM
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Ditto, Apr1, lol. However, I do have to deal with the comic book movie madness and the occasional "Harry Potter fever" (I am on board with the Harry Potter fever as I sometimes catch it myself, lol).
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i think its b/c its a high school based movie for elementary (maybe middle) school aged kids. kinda like saved by the bell was for me. throw in high beat music & cute boys and its a recipe for success. i saw the first HSM & thought it was neat...but i geek out to musicals haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I think the high response was a surprise to Disney but the hit the ground running so they were able to prolong the popularity of the movie. I think it is the singing and dancing that entertains the kids, but mostly the "realness" of the movie. High school kids going through things other kids can relate to, although High School students were not the target audience. Plus, I guess you can't really go wrong with a love story and beautiful people.
    curlykit

Answer by curlykit at 12:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My teen daughters think it's cute, but they aren't crazy about it. I watched a small portion of it the other day and I was bored by it. Pop me in a dvd of Grease and I'll be happy...LOL!!!
    But, yes, our stores are overloaded with their merchandise, as well as Hannah Montanna's stuff, too.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2009