Pacifier blues!

I've had my 13 month old son off of the pacifier for about a week now. He used to take naps with no problem. I would lay him down and he would play for a while, then drift off to sleep. Since being off the paci, he cries until I go get him, then I have to rock him to sleep. Sometimes he'll take his usual 2 hour naps, and other times, he'll wake up crying, again for me to hold him. Has anyone been through this? Did I take the paci away too early? Am I doing something wrong? HELP!

HeatherLeigh

Asked by HeatherLeigh at 2:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, I don't think it's too soon. I cut off the nipple but still let my son "hold it" in his hand while in bed. Eventually he could care less, but it was comforting for him to hold it. I also quietly played a lullabye CD for him to replace the comforts of a paci.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• get him off while u can!!!! I cant get my son off of it nothing works....i am going to have to do cold turkey because he will suck on them no matter what even if the nipple has been cut off.....be lucky u are doing it now!
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• at 12 months my daughter was only taking the paci at nap/bedtime. but as soon as i took her off the bottle she went right to the paci. she is 18 months now. her doctor said to have her off the paci this summer. that i will do
    BERUMEN

Answer by BERUMEN at 11:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• DD is 25 months now and we are just now trying to get her to give up the paci. Same stuff here, no naps, shorter naps, crying. We're just trying to be persistant with the whole thing, no caving in!! It's stressful for me as well, cause I know that paci would make it all better, lol.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 2:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2009