Do you expect anything in return?

I bought my husband a Valentine's Day card and it is going to be from our girls. Do you every do anything like this for your SO and do you expect the same in return? I do not I love doing things like this for him!

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 2:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i always give something to my hubby from the kids. That is how I was brought up. I don't expect anything back.
    Anonymous

• Not me it comes from the heart, but if I do get something in return that is ok too.in love

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Well if your teaching the girls its nice to get a card for Daddy it might be good for them to know Mommy needs love too.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Farrahnn oh my husband's shows love, I want nothing more than my girls to find someone that loves and respects them like their father does me.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• The best gift I could ever give to my husband is to not spend money lol. He doesn't tend to appreciate the gifts he's given because he'd rather just have the cold hard cash instead. Unless he's specifically said to me "I need this and that can be my Christmas/V-day/Birthday (whatever) present" I don't tend to get him anything. We have a joint bank account because I left my career to be a SAHM so any of our money that I spend is just less towards savings towards the future and paying the bills. To him, he'd rather have one less greeting card or whatever laying around and that much more money to retire with and have fun later. I can't say that I agree but whatever lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I deffenatly expect something on valentine's day! Most of the comments above are so wrong! I'm sure deep inside you too expect something, the only thing is that something dosn't have to be an expensive gift it could be a lovely breakfast in bed! After all it's a thought that counts!And to me it's very important to know that the one you love is always thinking about returning the love:)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My SO and I don't do gifts for birthdays or Christmas, but I pretty much make him get me something on Valentines Day when he is home from working out of state. And he usually doesn't get anything back...lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Albi1623 our comments are not wrong I do not expect anything, I am showed with gifts throughout the year from my husband, plus I am shown respect and love!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• There is no right or wrong answer because all of our relationships are different. I give and I do expect to recieve. I KNOW DH loves me regardless but I still like him to show it.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I expect nothing from my husband ever. He has shown me plenty of times that he absolutely does not care about holidays and special occasions. If I start to expect or even hope to get something I just set myself up for disappointment. I rarely get anything for my birthday, Mother's Day or our anniversary. We don't celebrate Valentine's Day. He also doesn't get me anything from the kids.
    He didn't even remind them when it was my birthday last year so I didn't get anything (not even a single card) on my birthday. The only person that wished me a happy birthday was my dad. That's about what I expect.
    Then again, I no longer get anything for him either because he doesn't care. I got him a really nice anniversary card in 2008 and he never even opened it. It's still sitting on my desk where I put it last year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2009