Is it wrong of me to ask for things that people no longer need?

I am so paranoid that this being our third and starting ALL over that we are not going to have everything we need when the baby comes. So I poste on craigslist if there was anybody out there that had baby things or maternity clothes that they don't need that I would greatly appreciate them. Is that wrong? I know after my older girls I didn't know what to do with the stuff that I had left over so I just go trid of it. But..... if there was somebody who needed it I would of greatly passed it on. What do you think??

momehopeful69

Asked by momehopeful69 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no i dont think your wrong for doing it
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Nothing wrong with doing that! I am always on the lookout for mom's who need my daughters things that she has outgrown.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• nothing wrong at all i my self am doing the same thing my little one is 5yrs old now so i don't have anything baby you may also want to go to another site called freecycle.org all items given are free they have great people on there or at least in my area they do i got me a 200.00 breast pump from there for free women didn't like it at all
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 3:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I think it's a great idea, like you stated you had no idea what to do with your left over stuff and I'm sure a lot of moms feel the same. I know that I held on to mine for months before finally giving it all to Good Will because I had no need for it. You're not asking for them to buy you new things or give up stuff they are in need of. You're just asking for any left over items so no it's not bad at all. Just make sure you wash and clean everything you get before you use it.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I feel better now! I trid to freecycle thing and I didn't figure out how to find the things that people were giving away. I don't know what I was doing wrong. I need a breast pump too. I didn't have very good luck nursing with my girls and I am determined this time to do sooo.
    momehopeful69

Answer by momehopeful69 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i did it! my friend Kat did it and gor HELLLLLA free stuff: a crib, a changing table, a rocking chair, hella toys!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO emberrassed! So somebody on craigslist did an RE: on my post and it was way out of context and rude. It said that maybe people shouldn't be having babies and have other people pay there wages. I am sooo emberassed now everybody is going to read that. It was not my intentions at all. My hubby makes decent money but we try to save where we can this is one area I thought would help. I can't believe it.!!!!!!
    momehopeful69

Answer by momehopeful69 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• wowww. are you serious? what a bitch. what you did was fine!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:40 AM on Feb. 9, 2009