should i

would it be mean of me not to invite my mother to our sons baptizim? she has said and done some horrible things over the past couple weeks? should i do the rite thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that if you do not invite her you will regret it and I know that things can sometimes be difficult when it comes to the dynamic of a mother and daughter but the bottom line is she loves you and she loves her grandchild and you should not punish her in such a permanent fashion.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I also thinks it depends on what she did exactly. It's up to you and not anyone else.

Anonymous

• It is the right thing to do for the long term. If you don't invite her it may be suitable at the moment, but months or years from now you may feel very badly that you didn't. If you are considering not inviting her just to punish her for wrongs done, then put that thought aside and invite her because she should be invited for this special and holy event.

Answer by Bmat at 4:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Invite her.. be the "bigger person".. Show her that you ARE the bigger person.
    Anonymous

• The past couple of weeks??? Kind of petty if you ask me. Its a couple of weeks of arguing... oh well. Everyone says hurtful things when arguing or upset... but then you get over it and say sorry... and then regret that you didn't invite her because of a petty couple of weeks of disagreeing.

dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 11:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I assume you are christian if you are baptizing your child. What kind of christian doesn't forgive?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2009