Anyone know if music festival tickets ever sell out?

I bought my boyfriend tickets to see Paul McCartney at the upcoming Coachella Music and Arts Festival the day they came out. I figured being Paul freakin' McCartney, the tickets would have sold out in like, 10 minutes like my Garth Brooks concert sold out!!! But the tickets are still available. It is an outside concert so are they really going to sell these tickets out by the millions and say "first come first serve sorry if you get a shitty seat even though you paid like, 500 dollars for the tickets!!!!" because I paid a lot of money and that would piss me off...

madrigalreject

Asked by madrigalreject at 3:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• What you bought are passes to the festival. These open festivals are just that..open. There is no seating. Don't think of this like the Garth Brooks show, which may have been in an arena.

There's a FAQ page on the festival's website. Bring beach towels. I think you might be OK with lawn chairs.

Think "Woodstock" and you're covered.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2009