How do I go about planting and growing an appletree?

Do I just do the basic just put the seeds in soil and water or is there more to this?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• The seeds may not give you the kind of apple tree that you want, the kind of apples. Your best bet is to by a small tree from a nursery, and you'll be able to pick what kind of apples you want and whether you want full-sized, semi-dwarf, or dwarf. Then you dig a hole at least twice the size of the root ball, put some top soil in the bottom of the hole, open the root ball and spread the roots over the top soil, fill the hole with good soil and tamp down. Water well. I like to use a vitamin for trees powder- miracle grow has something out for trees or fruit trees, I think. Especially for the first several waterings- you mix the powder in the water in a bucket.

Answer by Bmat at 3:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2009