what should i have

what should i pack for the hospital?
and when should i get it ready ?
i am due on march 12th and i am haveing my baby shower next weekend

~Heidi~

heidicummins03

Asked by heidicummins03 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• take an out fit to bring the baby home in a pacifier if u plan to use one a blankie to wrap the baby in and a change of clothes for u thats about it hum good luck
    theycallmemomie

Answer by theycallmemomie at 4:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• o and most important a car seat hehe
    theycallmemomie

• I packed a couple outfits for the baby(some hospitals let you put your own things on them and some dont), and I also packed pajamas and comfy clothes for me. I brought my own soaps and shampoos, my toothbruth, hairbrush, and thats pretty much it. The hospital has everything you need but it makes you feel better when you have all your own things with you.
    AmandaDenise26

Answer by AmandaDenise26 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Take your own pads if you don't want to wear the elephant ones they give you at the hospital.
    Anonymous

• a camera, always a disposable and a digital if you have one, the things that amandadenise said, is this your first baby? if not a pic of your children : ), that way when they come to visit, they know that the new baby is coming into something that they are already a part of, makes them feel "not forgotten" your address book, with telephone numbers, anything of comfort, if you want to take something to listen to music with, ipod, etc, word puzzles, for family, sometimes people have to wait forever to see you and the baby!
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i got my bag ready the day before.. i was in no rush.. cause if you forget something... your not going to want to get out of your jammies to begin with.. i packed way to much gear.. my mom told me to pack pads... so i did, didnt need them.. didnt need diapers, or anything for my son.. but call the hospitals maternity ward, take your tour, and ask what they supply, we even asked about snacks and our labor and delivery had its own private kitchen so we kept snacks in the fridge..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Oh yeah....your own pads are a great idea!!! With my first I didnt know you could do that but with my second I brought my own...it was wayyyyy better...LOL!!
    AmandaDenise26

Answer by AmandaDenise26 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2009