Do you think this is a good idea or too overboard for a 2 year olds b-day party?

It's a party for my son whos turning 2. It's a safari theme. I want to deck out the party area with safari-colored balloons (brown, tan, green, yellow etc.) and same color streamers. At the enterance have a homemade sign with lots of arrows pointing in different directions, such as "Zimbabwe ---> 3000 miles, etc. Use chalk to draw big animal footprints on my driveway and leading to myr front door. Inside, put construction paper animal prints that can guide the kids to the party area. If i have(not sure yet) the safari theme party in the evening, i could place tiki torches all around the yard. Have stuffed jungle animals sitting around. Have jungle animals sounds music playing. Have the kids wear animal masks or safari hats (have their parents dress them in tan pants, etc.) Donno about fodds but I did find this:
Swamp Juice - Kids will be mystified when they witness your power to turn ordinary green Gatorade into a steamy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• It sounds fun. I love doing theme parties for my kids. I've done an under the sea for my son's first. He loves fish, big fish balloons and waterlike streamers and so on with decorations..... Messy party for his 2nd, parents were advised to dress kids in play clothes that could likely be ruined by finger painting and brownie ice cream sundaes and other messy activities. Ton's of fun. His 3rd was pirate themed, they wore pirate hats and made swords and walked the plank and hunted for treasure. His latest was a snake party at a reptile store. DD's had a garden party for her first and it was fun, decorated with lots of crazy dasies and bee/bugs. Pony party at a local indoor playground. Her last was a princess party with ton's of fun food/games and decorations centred around princesses.
    I love themed parties, wouldn't worry about the way you present the food just yet, unless you want to impress adults.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It sounds great fun! I'd be surprised if the children notice much about the decorations, since they will be excited about the party and treats, unless there are mainly older children and adults. But the adults will be enchanted. And you'll have a good time with it, so go ahead and have a wonderful time!

Answer by Bmat at 4:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It sounds really fun! If you have the good weather and the time to set it all up, the kids will have a blast.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 8:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Oh, I was also going to suggest that you have a big bowl of animal crackers as part of the food.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 8:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2009