House smells stuffy .help!

I live in a condo and the front door is the kitchen then the living and dining room. Right at the front door my home smells stuffy and a little musty. I clean all the time , almost every day and deep clean on the weekends. i leave windows and fan on but it still has a smell. I feel like maybe its my couch but the kitchen has that stuffy , must smell. its not horrible buts its noticable. i have a diffuser in the middle of the island in the kitchen but its not helping much. i think im pregnant so i feel extra sensitive to smell now, and been nauseosus. the smell and stuffiness is killing me.
what can i do.. ? what can i buy? what might it be?
anyone eslse with this problem. again its not horrible just a stuffy smell mixed with cleaning stuff.
could it be the carpet. its a completely new home that was just built and i just moved in last month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I've noticed that a few times this summer as well. I'm attributing it to the air conditioning.
    Is it like when you leave over the weekend and come home? It always smells stuffy to me.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2012

• Maybe its damp underneath the carpet.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2012

• Could be the vents/ac/heat, whichever you have running lately. Have you cleaned the furnace lately?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2012

• I was guessing a dampness as well. Seems to make that musty smell. Change your air filter. Get some glade plugins, they seem to last for a good while.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2012

• Change your furnace filters. Also, if you spray them with furniture polish when you put them in, more particles will stick to them, and it will also faintly scent your house when the air runs.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2012

• thanks. when you guys say the dampness im thinking maybe its the floor? I have tile flooring in the kitchen and i have been just using the wet swifter since I moved. I finally scrubbed and mopped it today. maybe that will help..

to answer the other questions.. i dont have a furnace and nothing is running. I barely ran the ac when it was hot. i also dont think its damp under the carpet because i dont get it wet. im going to try to glade plugins and the auto spray ones. i just hate to have so much of that stuff spraying in the house. but might have to get the smell out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2012

• What kind of vent system?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2012

• staciandababy, to be honest i dont know. lol. also i knw is we have central air.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2012

• I had the vent system cleaned in this house and it was brand new tons of junk, dust etc....left over from construction. Maybe you could have someone do that. I use the local company that also cleans carpet. Hope you feel better
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2012

• Try spreading baking soda onto the floor for a few minutes then vacuuming. Baking soda usually absorbs odors pretty well.
    blondie805

Answer by blondie805 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2012