how long with IUD

i had the mirena put in about a week and a half ago and was just wondering what others experienced...it hurt when they put it in the doc said my cervix alredy closed after the baby or something closed... i dont have cramping or anything but i am still bleeding like a light period but to much to engage in any activity... does anyone have any advice or information

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Health

• I've had mine for almost three years and I LOVE IT!!!! No periods for the first two years but now I'm starting to get really light ones again. I didn't have any pain or discomfort or bleeding when I first had it placed. I would ask your Dr. again. The only thing that makes me ever know it's there is when my Hubby tells me he felt it poking him...lol...
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2009