Define BedRest..What Does It Or Did It Mean For You?

What was your restrictions.
Did it affect your work,income.
Is it considered a temp.disability.
Why did you need them.
For how many months.
What did you do to occupy the time.
Outside of medical appointments...
How did you manage to limit without help,getting food,fluids,shower from your daily life to not jeopardize the baby from walking/standing to much.
Any personal input,experiences would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My SO lives out of state for work, so putting me on bedrest with no help at home was kind of a joke. Its not like I could just let my 3 year old starve and run wild so I was up a lot more than I should have been. I was on it for the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy and then for another 3 weeks mid pregnancy when I had some back problems.

I basically took it as I couldn't work outside of the home anymore. I didn't quit working from home since I could do that on my computer from the couch...no need to go without income.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I was on complete bed rest for several months... My MIL and my mom switched off weeks being here to take care of me and my dd. I wasn't allowed to do anything.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 5:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I was on bedrest for a month or two with my daughter. I tried to not get out of bed except to shower or pee. I laid on the couch part of the time. I wasn't feeling like doing much anyway. I had preeclamsia so I was really dizzy and I was puking constantly so it wasn't too hard for me to stay in bed. Really hope things go much better this time.
    Stacey
    stassy77

Answer by stassy77 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2009