What is a good gift for a soon to be 3 yr old boy?

I know this is my son - but I have no clue what to get him! Short of a big boy bed...no other ideas! UGH!

mommasunflower

Asked by mommasunflower at 5:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Legos, Fire truck, Matchbox cars, candyland, Diego toys, V-Smile, and I got this for my grandson hes 2 but loves it
    http://www.ebeanstalk.com/Plan-Toys/toy-product-detail/Tree-House.html

Answer by gemgem at 5:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It really depends on his interests.

When my oldest just turned three, we bought him an electronic circuit kit for his birthday. (he's our science buff)

My now 3 year old is a big Batman freak! lol We bought him a bunch of Batman toys and had Batman decorations.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Don't forget books, too. Find subjects he's interested in or go with the old standbys like Curious George....find books about something your son can relate to.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• puzzles!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• dvd players, computers, sterios, digital cameras.....you know the typical stuff .....OH... WAIT.. you said 3years old! MY BAD! thats not hard!....duh..hes three....must of been a breain fart!
    Anonymous

• my son who is 3 loves thomas the train, wow wow wubbzy, and max and ruby. so he has alot of these movies. he also loves fire trucks and police cars and buses. so thats what i get him. i just bought him a blanket it was on sale and on it it has buses firetrucks and police cars. he screamed thank you thank you mom. look buses look police cars. so it was a good buy. also sound books were he can press a button and hear sounds from the book.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 9, 2009