Phantom baby kicks

My baby is 4 months old and sometimes I feel like a baby kicked my stomach from the inside. My husband and I joke that they are phantom baby kicks. (like when someone's arm is amputated they feel like a phantom arm is there) did this happen to any of you, or am I just crazy?

julipickle

Asked by julipickle at 5:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i get that too, someone said its because your organs are going back to normal
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• lol, never heard of this but it sounds so spooky!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Yes I feel it too. I'm sure some of them are phantom baby kicks like you said. For the last 5-6 months of your pregnancy, you were used to every movement you felt in your belly being the baby move so I think it's natural for any movement in your stomach to remind you of it when it happens :-) I'm sure it's your organs going back into place like someone else said, your food digesting in your intestines as well as gas.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• yeah.... so creepy. i still get them and my little guy is almost 2
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• It happens to me when Im away from my DS for too long. When I miss him.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Oh my gosh! I get it all the time! I thought it was insane! My husband felt it one day too and was like are you pregnant again!? Lol if you're crazy so am I!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 5:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I get it as well and my little man is almost 2. I bought a pregnancy test just to make sure. Its really weird
    Jamies.Girl2009

Answer by Jamies.Girl2009 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i just had this conversation the other day. my son is almost 8 months and i still get them. i dont know if its the organs or if it my uterus still contracting and working its self back in place but its kinda creepy!!!
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• hahaha i went to the docter to get tested because i swore i was pregnant again beucase i kept feeling a baby move.... i wasnt and its actually normal:)
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 9:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• hahaha same here..my first is um 3 and the second is 8 months still feel them...wierd...womens bodies are just odd sometimes!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 10:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2009