WHY ARE TEACHERS PLAYING FOLLOW THE LEADER? EVERGREEN PARK TEACHERS ARE ON STRIKE!!!!!

I am sure you heard it on the news, Evergreen Park teachers decided to play follow the leader with Chicago and Lake Forest Teachers. They are on strike! I agree with what one mom said on the news. In this economy,they should be glad that they even have a job!!!! They care more about the paychecks then our kids!!!!! They all need to get fired and the school board needs to hire teachers fresh out of college for alot less money!!!!!!! FIRE THEM ALL!!!!!!! I will be the physical education teacher!!!!

dancer

Asked by dancer at 8:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2012 in Money & Work

• meooma-That has nothing to do with it. If it annoys them,tell them to stop watching football.
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 8:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• meooma-I just don't agree with the strike. I am good. How are you?
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 8:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• Wow!!! You could always go back to work,right? I did not think retirement was around anymore.
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 8:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• Dancer, your ignorance is showing again.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• JeremysMom-I am not ignorant! Don't start on me!!!! meooma-Still looking!!!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 8:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• You need to educate yourself then. Most of the time when teachers strike it has very little to do with their salary.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• JeremysMom-listen! Stop commenting on things you know nothing about!!! This strike is about salary!!!!! I know exactly what is going on!!! You need to educate yourself!!!!!!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• Usually it's about salary and benefits. Problem is, Unions get people to over promise and now we have union pensions that are going to be looking for a bailout. When the flip is this all going to stop? I haven't seen the terms of the strike and protest, but if they are asking for more money with the same amount of accountability then I think they are being selfish. They should be given standard of living raise like other people and that's it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• If you don't want people commenting that don't agree with you then you need to make your own private group so you can control it. While they are striking because they have not reached an agreement with their contracts, their salary is not the underlying cause. I think you are just jealous because you can't strike at your work without being fired.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:22 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• Why don't we look at the drop out rates in Chicago and the pay they're receiving already before rallying behind the teachers when what they're doing basically amounts to extortion.

I am a teacher, but I also have a master's degree in finance, and I think that 90% of what was included in my own labor agreement with my old district was complete BS that was damaging to the school's ability to provide service and the taxpayers. I also think it is pretty funny to know that a long term substitute was willing to do the same work I was doing for 1/3 the pay. There is a huge gap between what they deserve and what they feel entitled to. I'm not saying that teaching isn't an important, difficult job...but that isn't an excuse to make crazy demands and interfere with the education of children.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2012