TV WATCHING

How many hours of tv do you let your chidren watch a day?

elainecat

Asked by elainecat at 5:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think its so terrible depending on what they're watching. DH learned ALOT from shows like Family Matters, Full House, Step by Step, and Cosby Show. He didn't have a father so he learned how to be a man, husband, and father from them.
    On a learning side, he watched Reading Rainbow and Bill Nye the Science Guy and went on to dbl major in biology and psychology...so it just depends on the content.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• an hour in the morning and about half in the evening. Still too much in my opinion. TV is terrible.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• zero.

our DD is only 19months
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I dont really have an issue with it. My kids arent huge TV watchers. Once they do their homework and chores and we spend family time they are free to do as they wish to. I equip them with more then a TV though. They have TV, stereos, MP3 players, game systems and a laptop in their rooms. I found with all those things they have plenty to pick from and usually dont choose to watch TV.

Answer by gemgem at 5:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• This is awful, but my TV is on most of the day. I have to have some kind of background noise or I can't concentrate on anything...lol. My daughter doesn't usually sit and watch it though...actually, she usually wont "sit" to do anything...lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Oh and DD is only 4 months so its hardly anything right now.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• kabbot01 I like your honesty! Mine is on all the time too for the same reason. I don't even have to watch it but I do listen so it has to be on something I like.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• None. My daughter is only 20 months.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 5:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• O.k. I'll be honest with you dear ladies mine is on most of the day also and MAMA CHAMP more power to you. I agree with you 100%. lol
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 5:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• out tv is on if were home...its pretty much always on..either on tv, dvds, or when playing our wii..and then at night..the tvs on in my bedroom all night cuz i need noise to sleep..however, my 4 yr old doesnt watch it that much..certain shows, yes, like hannah montana, and zoey 101..but other than, when were doing lil practice work books tho its off so she can concentrate better..in the summer tho, its pretty much never on, because were to busy playing outside, or out in the sun somewhere
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2009