What are your best crock pot recipe's?

In a food rut and busy nights - anyone have anything good?

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 8:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Take a boneless chuck roast and trim some of the fat off. Put it in the crock pot with a jar of your favorite salsa. Let it go for about 4 hours on high. Just before serving, add 1 1/2 cups of minute rice to the crockpot and let it sit for 5 min. Serve. Easy and yummy.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• You can also make the same thing using a whole chicken cut into 1/8's. It's just as good. Everytime I had to go in for surgery I set this up so when my family needed dinner it was ready for them. I was in lala land with the meds from my surgeries but I knew they had a nice dinner ready and waiting for them. All DH had to do was add the minute rice.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• you should really try looking on pinterest they have tons!

1 bag of chicken (frozen)
    8 oz cream cheese
    Can of black beans (the big can not the real tiny one)
    Can of corn or bag of frozen corn
    Can of rotel tomatoes

cook 6-8 hours on low, i typically turn it on high for an hour then set to low, this needs to be stirred every couple of hours so i don't recommend this one if you are at work for a few hours, better for a weekend or lazy sunday lol

rockabell.2009

Answer by rockabell.2009 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• I just made some awesome mac & cheese last week. It was Paula Deen's recipe (with the eggs omitted). http://www.food.com/recipe/paula-deen-crock-pot-macaroni-and-cheese-257276

ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• Well Martha Stewart just added some of these recipes on her website. You might try taking at look at those. I have never used a crock pot.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• I love to put a pork or beef roast in with a bottle of bbq sauce for super easy bbq pork sandwiches (or beef).

I like to put pork or beef roast with a can of beef broth, a sliced onion and some garlic (I also like to add a bottle of beer, apple cider works too) for French dip sandwiches.

Boneless skinless chicken pieces with a can of beans, a can of enchilada sauce for fabulous burritos (I also add sliced onions)

Obviously a roast with veggies and broth, apple cider or beer.

Chicken with a can of cream of mushroom a bar of cream cheese, and a packet of Italian dressing mix. serve over rice or noodles, or a baked potato.

Now I'm going to go check out some of the crockpot recipes the others suggested!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2012

• I like to make BEEF stew in mine. Just stew meat and lots of cut up veggies!! Yum
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2012