How would I go about buying clothes for a boutique?

I am considering opening a store in my town. Its not a very rich county at all and for some reason the only clothes stores are stores that sell Ed Hardy, Roxy, skater stuff, etc...there isnt one baby boutique or normal clothing store. You know, like wet seal. Normal shirts for like $5-$10...Everything around here is like $45 a shirt. I know an affordable clothing store would do AMAZING here I just have no idea how to find wholesale clothes that are cute and affordable. Simple stuff like layering camis...

Anyone know?

NoR_CaL_MoMmY

Asked by NoR_CaL_MoMmY at 5:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, it's going to be hard to find anyone who reveals their sources... LOL! I would just do a google search of wholesale clothers and find something you are interested in. You usually have to start out with a certain amount of clothing in order to buy from them. Hope that helps a little.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I would suggest browsing online boutiques that you like and take note of the brand names that they use. You can then google those brand names, find their websites and contact them about being considered for a wholesale agreement. They'll probably need to know your business name, about your business and your Tax ID number before they'd give you access to their wholesale catalogue so you can see the prices but you could still probably get basic information from them.

For things like jewelry, scarves (and anything handmade) you can search for vendors on www.etsy.com. Many of the shop owners there make one of a kind (OOAK) pieces and will do wholesale with you and/or even let you sell their pieces under your shop's label.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• have you considered opening up a consignment shop, you get together clothes and open up shop, and others can bring in clothes to sell for 40% of what you list them as.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2009