my husband plays WoW all day and ignores me

im not happy but whenever i bring it up he tells me im 'creating problems' what should i do? he refuses counsiling

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband did the same thing for a long time. ( years) Until one night i got pissed off enough and took a hammer to his computer mid raid. Lets just say i get my way now and he gets off when i say its time LOL .. Good luck it is a addiction.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Did he play games before you got married? If so then did you think he would change? People dont usually change and I know when you date they show a diff side of themselves blah blah. I would tell him that you need some attention sometimes. Maybe make a deal of spending say from 8pm-10pm together as a couple?

Answer by gemgem at 5:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i try!!!!!!! he tells me im 'creating problems' when i say anything about it. i just want to leave and then maybe he'll understand. he did play before we got married but not this bad
    Anonymous

• I hear this alot on CM about WoW. These men really need to choose the game or their life. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• does he work? because he turns it off for work right? he needs to turn it off for you too.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• yes he works, he has a regular 9-5 job mon-fri
    Anonymous

• I am so glad my husband hates computer games, video games and the like. We don't even own any. Only thing he is addicted to is facebook, but then I'm addicted to Cafemom so it evens out.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 5:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I saw one mom say she started playing WoW herself so she would know exactly when it was appropriate for him to stop and do something. I suppose thats an option. But really he just needs to respect you and his responsibilites as a husband and father over the game.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• he says the crazier i am the more he will ignore me (aka the more i bring it up) really it makes me so sad i want to move out but my mom wont give me my college money to move out :[
    Anonymous

• How about you just go to college and focus your time on that and your children? That way you can leave and be independent soon enough?
    Gosh its dumb that any woman would have to leave over a game. ridiculous.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2009