Does anyone out there have to dea with step children?

My SO has a 2 year old daughter and she is by far the apple of his eye. It seems as though he could care less about anything else that is going on if she is in the room. I am a little worried that things will get very difficult when our new baby comes at the end of June.

prettyinpink570

Asked by prettyinpink570 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Shes a little girl so of course shes the apple of his eye. I dont have step kids BUT I have a 4 yr old dd myself and I know when daddy comes home everything stops and she is all over him and I am like gee thanks I know where I sit now. Im sure itll be fine when the new baby comes. People have room in their hearts for more then one child.

Answer by gemgem at 5:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Nah, she probably is the apple of his eye and thats a good thing. It goes to show you what kind of Dad he will be. Would you really want him if he treated her bad? He can love both of his children just as much. The oldest one will always have a special place, just as the new one will.Do you love her like your own since she is so small?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• He also has a 7 year old who seems to get ignored at times when they are all together. I even get ignored which I can expect. However she is not an idependent sleeper. Since day one she has slept in bed with her parents and when she is here he has to sleep with her, something I don't approve of. He was offended when I asked him to sleep in the guest bed with her. Am I crazy for thinking it is unfair of him to ask me to give up my bed when I am 5 months pregnant?
    prettyinpink570

Answer by prettyinpink570 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Hello, I have 7 step kid, and when I got pregnant with his 8th child I felt the same way kind of but more so that he's already been threw everything so I didn't think he was excited or anything. But when I had Rj he really was excited. Infact he never left his side. I think you'll be o.k men tend to hide what there feeling. But I bet he really is excited! My husband loves all his kids the same, and supports them all the same as well. Good luck to you!!!

marfietek

Answer by marfietek at 9:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I have a now 15 year old stepson. When I came into the picture, he was 6. My DH loves, loves, loves his son terribly. My DH and I didn't have kids for 6 years. I was worried when I became pregnant, that DH wouldn't love this baby as much, that his son would be his "favorite". Awful to think that, I know, but I did. Now that we have Bella, DH loves, loves, loves her terribly too. I think there's no limit to parents love and whether they have 1 or 13 kids, I think there's enough love and attention to go around.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 2:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2009